Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shawn Johnson






Hannah and I rode down with Kayren, Stella, Porter and Cheryl (Kayren's neighbor) to welcome Shawn home! Boy, was there a crowd. They estimated 7000 people there! Cheryl is close friends of Shawn's parents. We sat in the FRONT ROW!! Holy Cow!! It was so awesome to me, this was a chance of a lifetime for me to see an Olympic up close, and a true Iowan girl even more. She was on Dave Letterman last night, flies out maybe tomorrow to Denver for the Democratic convention and on Jay Leno Friday night, I believe! I would do it all over again tomorrow night, it was so much fun. Even more fun that we sat in the front row!!

I took a picture of the crowd, doesn't even do it justice. She now has the month of September dedicated to her. She is definitely a role model for young girls!

4 comments:

Kayren said...

Wow! You photos turned out so much better than mine! It was a lot of fun, I'm glad you and H were able to come with us!!!

Freebird.Crew said...

What a great experience! That's cool that S & H were able to go too!

Anonymous said...

LOoks like a great time!! I would of loved to of been there if Mike and I weren't knee deep into bathroom remodeling down here in MA!! What great seats!!! Know it had to be alot of fun! Shawn is a really nice girl!

Anna Leigh said...

I am so glad you guys got to go see Shawn! I love her! What a great time!